Get your own custom developed SharePoint search display template and enhance the SharePoint search experience of your users
We are now registered on Collab365 MicroJobs – the brand new marketplace dedicated to Microsoft professionals.
We have posted a project to help improve your search experience for your users with a custom display template.
This can include specific information relative to the results, giving the users a lot more detail before clicking through.
For example, you may want to create a specific search template for invoice content types. This could then display PO number, customer name, invoice date, etc within the search results.
Please get in touch first to briefly outline your search display template requirements.
Here are 4 reasons that the Collab365 Team have spent months building the site:
- You often need expert Microsoft help just for a couple of hours.
- You can’t keep up with everything Microsoft is releasing.
- You find it hard to find Microsoft experts on other non-dedicated sites. There are just too many other subjects covered.
- You don’t have time to go through a lengthy interview process.
How does it work and what about payment?
Paying for online services with people that you don’t know can be worrying for both parties. The buyer often doesn’t want to pay until they’re happy that the Freelancer has completed the work. Likewise the Freelancer wants to be sure they will be recompensed for their time and commitment. Collab365 MicroJobs helps both the buyer and the Freelancer in these ways:
- The buyer pays up front and the money is securely held in the MicroJobs Stripe Connect platform account.
- The Freelancer can then begin the work in the knowledge that the payment has been made.
- Once the buyer is happy that the work is complete and to their satisfaction, the funds become available to the Freelancer.
- There’s even a dispute management function in case of a disagreement. But it won’t on my MicroJob! As long as we agree what’s needed up front and keep talking the entire way through, you won’t be disappointed.
Note: Once I’ve completed the work, we’d love it if you could write a review for us. This will allow others to see what a fantastic job we did for you.
What if we need to add extra’s to the job after we’ve started?
It’s really easy for us to discuss your extra requirement (using the chat feature on the site) and for us to agree a price and add it to the order.
If you’d like us to help you with a custom search display template, here are the steps to hire us …
- View MicroJob.
- On that page click the “Buy” button.
- You’ll need to register as a buyer on the MicroJobs site, but this only takes a minute and will also allow you to purchase MicroJobs from other awesome Freelancers.
If you need to contact us then please use the “contact” button and ask me any questions before purchasing.
A question we often get from clients is which Office 365 tools should I use for each type of task.
There is no right or wrong answer to this, a lot will depend on your company processes, structure and culture. However, we aim to share some quick tips of practical uses of various Office 365 tools.
Today we will look at how to create meeting notes direct from an Outlook meeting.
1. Open Outlook Meeting, Click Meeting Notes, and Select Workbook
2. A meeting notes section is then created on OneNote, with a link back to the meeting details.
If you would like to discuss your Office requirements then get in touch today for a free consultation.
Up until recently, mobile app development was often costly and time-consuming. However, with the tools now available within Office 365, mobile applications can be developed within a matter of days, allowing organizations of all sizes to empower a mobile workforce.
If you are currently using Office 365 or considering implementing it, then taking the next step to mobile applications can be a quick win, allowing your team to update applications with the latest data on the go.
With field workers, and on-site staff all having access to a single source of truth, and the ability for field workers to add or update a record from their existing mobile device, which can trigger an automated action back in the office, the possibilities really are endless.
Some examples of recent mobile applications we have implemented include:
- Inventory management tool for workshop staff, triggering re-order process
- Mobile health and safety assessment forms
- Mobile risk management forms
- Mobile action tracker for assigning actions to office teams
- Staff expense tracker with automated approvals
If you would like to discuss your mobile requirements then get in touch today for a free consultation.
Earlier this year Microsoft announced new integration with Autodesk AutoCAD for Microsoft OneDrive and SharePoint. We work with several clients who use AutoCAD drawings extensively, and this had previously been a major limitation of storing drawing files in SharePoint.
When a user navigates to a library, and selects a DWG file, the file opens in the AutoCAD preview app in the browser. (fig 1 and fig 2)
Fig 1 – SharePoint Library containing dwg files
Fig 2 – AutoCad preview from SharePoint Library
Unfortunately, SharePoint Search still does not open AutoCAD drawing files in the preview app. When the user clicks on a dwg result, the default experience if for the file to download (fig 3)
Fig 3 – AutoCad files are downloaded by default from SharePoint Search
We recently worked with a client who relies heavily on search, and AutoCAD files. By implementing a custom display template we were able to override the path url using the following code:
ctx.CurrentItem.Path = ctx.CurrentItem.ParentLink + “?id=” + ctx.CurrentItem.DefaultEncodingURL.replace(“https://tennantname.sharepoint.com”,””) + “&parent=na&parentview=7”;
Now when a user searches for a dwg file, and clicks on the result, they are taken to the AutoCAD preview app in the browser (fig 4 and fig 5).
Fig 4 – Search results after display template updated
Fig 5 – Search Preview after display template updated
If you store AutoCAD drawings in SharePoint and would like help to implement this in your SharePoint search site(s) then get in touch today for a free consultation.
SR1 Development today announced it has become a Microsoft Authorized Education Partner (AEP), demonstrating its ability to meet Microsoft academic customers’ evolving needs in today’s dynamic business environment. To earn a Microsoft AEP authorization, partners must complete a test to prove their level of academic licensing and market expertise.(more…)
Office 365 has substantially changed the IT landscape over the last few years. Any business, regardless of size and turnover can now have access to world class cloud hosted IT infrastructure.
At SR1 Development, we have assisted many businesses in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Sunderland, Durham, the wider North East, and throughout the UK with the set up and migration to Office 365.(more…)